Welcome to the The Naked Fanatics.
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Over the past few months I've seen a few videos of people playing Warhammer battles and I have to agree that they do look like a lot of fun. I imagine this is because there are only have a handful of playable factions and so the've been able to focus on each of them and give them a lot more depth than usual. Its the campaign map that I have a problem with. Think I'd grow bored with it quite quickly and it wouldn't have much replayability. That said I think I will buy it at some point. But thats only when they release a Game of the Year edition and its about 10.

Edit: Apparently CA just released a Map editor for Warhammer about 2 weeks ago and people have already created maps that are way better than anything CA has ingame.

Last edited by Reaper; 02-12-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway.

Captain SexyPants
    The more I play this game the more I realize how retarded the reinforcement system is :/

It's actually really becoming game-breaking to me right now as the Empire. Battles with multiple armies on each side, in which I am HEAVILY favored (like 95%+), lead to my slaughter due to how my reinforcing armies conveniently are on the other side of the enemy ( also can't choose reinforcing precedence). Losing more than a few of my Lords that I built up from scratch to this mechanic has quickly drained my enjoyment. I rarely noticed this in my Dwarf campaign because I think I did a lot of 1v1 battles and had the terrain to box armies to certain positions.
    Last edited by NONOPUST; 02-25-2017 at 06:08 PM.
    Do it! Just touch it.

Captain SexyPants
    I think I'm gonna go back to Rome 2 with the new DeI version for now. Fully modded I think that's still my favorite TW title (mostly due to time period) but the character system sucks more balls than I do on a busy Friday night
    Do it! Just touch it.

What reinforcement system? Did they change it from what it is in the other titles?

Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway.

Nudists
    Remember what reinforcement was like in med1. Take away the dated graphics and that is the Uber total war title
    you want a good girl but you need a bad pussy

Captain SexyPants
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    What reinforcement system? Did they change it from what it is in the other titles?
    They at least changed it since Attila and Rome 2. Armies sometimes reinforce from directions they shouldn't, which would turn an easy victory into a really REALLY bad defeat. I'm not adverse to being beat in a game by the AI, actually I love that: hence my enjoyment so far with Warhammer. But when crummy reinforcement mechanics cut your legs from under you it just feels too gimmicky

I've had it happen a few times before this battle, but here's a screenshot of my last pre-battle screen:
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...DFF802B397EFD/

Both his reinforcements as well as mine would spawn behind his first army (despite being right next to my other army/settlement on the campaign map), and they come in slow. So in essence it's a 1v1 with my troops on average being worse than his, especially with his general.

The way reinforcements come in the battle:
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...A87880E9FEE2D/

The AI actually may even be aware of the way the reinforcements will be coming in, hence their attacking such a bad position. Autoresolve chances probably don't take that into account either. I still dislike it a lot, though. It would be much better if I could see before the battle where reinforcements were coming from and/or able to set precendence on how my secondary armies would come onto the field (aka moving some cav higher up so they can join and help immediately). This particular battle I could have just withdrawn off the field and dealt with it, but I've had battles that meant life or death of a couple of armies that had to be played out in which this happened.

BTW fuck wood elves
    Last edited by NONOPUST; 02-26-2017 at 01:50 AM.
    Do it! Just touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by NONOPUST View Post
    BTW fuck wood elves
    yep. easier now after the last patch but taking their woods out is a massive pain. I managed to get the AI to do it with a few war targets and some angry dwarfs though as Bret