Welcome to the The Naked Fanatics.
  • Login:
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2.4 Released!

2.4 Released!

The first 'Persistent Universe' build of Star Citizen has been released. Meaning your progress is saved ingame now like a normal MMO. So I decided to give it a go. Previously I'd just tried the singleplayer [space combat vs AI] but this was completely different. Just seeing other players doing there own thing was a great rush. I got invited to multi crew on a Starfarer which is the biggest ship in the game at the moment and it is HUGE! I kept getting lost and couldn't find the cockpit. Its a refuelling ship. It was awesome. There were 3 of us. We did a few missions together and then we lost connection. But it was great while it lasted. It is Alpha afterall.

Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway.

I just don't know if I'm ready for this kind of relationship right now. It hasn't been that long since I broke up with Elite, and after she said she'd made some changes we tried again but the spark was gone. I'm just, not in that place right now.
    The Kim is dead! Long live the Kim!

Very exciting. its been many years since the crowdfunding was opened.

I'll be waiting till I get back though, should be able to afford a nice new rig to throw at it.

Trust me.
    Blog Entries
    Definitely keeping my eye on this. Getting a new pc later this summer probably which means I should be able to play this in all its glory and stuff. Really looking forward to seeing this game develop further. Probably not diving into it too much fight now, though. So much to do!

Yep. They are finally starting to show real progress! Theres no hurry yet though as they still got a while to go before they get to a 'proper' game, content wise. Alot of it is going to be procedurally generated so that should speed things up as they don't need to create it piece by piece. I reckon some time next year. Heres another great vid just explaining how the world is starting to come together and the work the German devs have been doing. Presented by the man himself! Towards the end they do the playthrough live which is amazing to see.

Trust me.
    Blog Entries
    That atmosphere looks really cool. I also kinda like the 'faster than light'-effect, where the screen warps a bit. Looks pretty nice.

EDIT: And with 'atmosphere' I actually mean the planet's actual atmosphere, by the way.
    Last edited by von_lipwig; 06-15-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Yep! It all looks cool. Hopefully it will turn out like they want it to.